12 January 2010

Detours and Road Blocks

No matter what we do in life, there are always times we will run into obstacles. The trick is to figure out a way around the obstacle. Sometimes it gets overwhelming. Sometimes it seems like you run into one road block only to find a detour just ahead. But, do you keep going...or do you quit? I know what I used to do. I quit.

Before I started this I read that when you train and train hard, things happen. Illness, injury...life. I didn't think it meant me. It's only a sprint tri. It's not like I'm training for an Ironman. There would be no issues for me. Yeah, right.

I have some pretty severe muscle differences between my right and left legs. I have been compensating for my right leg weakness for years. The problem is with running and compensating and not the right shoes for me and compensating, I had a very uneven gait. This led to a tendon injury that I took care of immediately. PT and a boot. No running. Just when I was getting started. But, as with any detour you have to find a way around. It may take a bit longer but I will get there.

Just when my foot is better, I have a tooth/ear/head problem. Ugh. Another road block. I cannot and will not get discouraged. ALthough it is frustrating to run into a road block it certainly is not the end of the world. I will take care of what needs taken care of. And move on. The road block will be gone and I will continue.

Detours and road blocks require a route change but you still get to the destination.

This will be an amazing race.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. I just realized this blog was here today. I'm all caught up now and quite proud of you. Keep up the good work Shelly. It's obvious that your focus is on the right things. Don't let the little stuff get you down.

    ReplyDelete