11 March 2010

No white towel…yet

Yesterday I was thinking it may be time for Plan B. But I just cannot accept that yet.

I have a problem with my other foot now. I thought it was the Sarcoidosis flaring up but right now I’m not thinking that at all. I’m kind of leaning toward the fall from two weeks ago. I certainly know better than to wear crocks in the snow…but it was only about 2 feet of walking. Huh…it only took 2 steps and I was down.

My ankle started hurting a little but nothing to stop me from activity really. But I did rest it a bit. This week the swelling is bad…the ache is bad. Thus, the conclusion of a sarc flare-up. The prednisone is not helping – a little with the swelling, none with the pain, none with the sensation of a freezing cold foot, and is really helping my crabbiness level increase.

I have an appt with a sports ortho Monday. Until then, I will be swimming or pretending that nothing is wrong and continuing on. But I tried that yesterday and it was not smart really. So swimming it is. I’m even buying a second suit so I can swim twice a day. I can do some of my PT and some of my strength training. I’m holding off on biking until I talk to the doc. The top of my foot hurts, the side of my foot hurts and I don’t want to do further damage if there is something wrong. Maybe it’s sarc and it will just hurt. But I need to find out.

I’m not throwing in the towel…not yet…but I will not wait as long as Apollo Creed either. That would be a mistake.

If it comes to that there is a Plan B. It’s still an athletic endeavor. It would also push me to limits I have not known.

No comments:

Post a Comment