08 June 2010

Mental, Physical, and Back Again

I started this whole thing mentally - exactly a year ago. It's hard to believe it has been a year since I announced to a few folks that I wanted to do a tri. And for a long while that is where I left it. Some day.

Some day is now three weeks away. Physically I have worked consistently and I've worked hard. I am doing the physical work. I've had to learn patience. Thank you, Steve. He was right - baby steps. One day at a time. And I would get there he said. I trust him and I believe him so I kept pushing even on the days I didn't really feel like it.

There were days when I was feeling a bit of panic at the tri coming up so quickly. But a week or so ago, I actually began the mental process of believing. I can swim. I can bike. I can run. I can do this. I am doing this.

But I had to be there mentally to get there physically. And now that I have, things are happening. I go faster. I go longer. I push. And I love it.

I truly believe and trust that my body is capable of much more than I ever gave it credit for. But I had to get to that mental realization before I could get beyond my self-imposed boundaries.

I am so ready for this and am already looking forward to what is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment