26 June 2010

Triathlete






Yep, that's me.

I apologize ahead for too much race detail but I want to have this on record so I dont forget.

45 minute rain delay.
Swim - I should have started either off to the side as was suggested or closer to the middle of the pack. I started at the back and couldnt seem to get past anyone. My goggles were fogged and my sigthing was not good.

T1 - I walked all the way in. I didnt know how my hamstring was going to be since I had not run on it in 12 days. I didnt want a problem already in T1.

Bike - it took a few miles to get my bike legs. But then I was okay. I should have been able to get through it faster but thats okay.

T2 - A little longer than it should have been. Again, saving the hammy.

Run - Yeah. Scared of the hammy. I walked a bit then would try out a slow jog. I kept that up most of the way. The hammy never acted up but I wanted to be certain I didnt do anything crazy before the end cause I was definitely running in to the finish. And I did.

My hammy was fine. My back hurt a lot around mile 2. And felt better running than walking.

Post-race - kick ass.

The whole experience was awesome and Im hooked. I knew half way thru the bike leg that I like multi-sport. I cant wait to do more. I cant wait to start training for the next race. I cant wait to train harder.

It was definitely life-changing. The comaraderie, the encouragement, the excitement, the challenge, the sheer fun and exhileration of accomplishment.

But as of today...I am a triathlete.

No comments:

Post a Comment