08 November 2009

Coach...

I enlisted the help from someone that I respect and admire very much. He is incredibly busy but he is taking time to help me, to teach me, to guide me, and to coach me.

I knew last June that I wanted to do this tri. A couple times I would start working out and doing something other than cycle. I had not talked to my friend in awhile and was hoping that he could help me. So I asked him. And he said yes.

He set me on my path to building fitness. He actually did that the day I met him. I doubt he knows that. It was a chance meeting in another city. I was inspired. That was the day I decided I wanted to be better.

I am excited for the next year but I have asked a lot. I told him I want to be an athlete. A cyclist. A triathlete. He certainly has his work cut out for him. I will do the work. I will. I want to. But I need him to help me, to teach me, to guide me, and to coach me.

In case you are reading Alberto...thank you. This is helping me more than you know.

(I need to go stretch now...part of the plan that is his and the work that is mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment